Common Core State Standards: RF.K1d & L.1.1a + an assessment tool.
This packet was designed to go with the books: If You Give A Mouse A Cookie and If You Take A Mouse To School and reinforces upper and lowercase letters.
The packet includes:
- If You Give A Mouse A Letter easy reader booklet.
- Students read the sentence, then trace and write the letters.
- When everyone is done, pass out the upper and lowercase letter cards, and read the story as a whole group.
- When you come to that letter in the story, whomever has those upper and lowercase letter cards, drops them in the mouse's pail.
- To make a mouse letter holder, print off my template, cut out, glue to construction paper, slit a line across the top of the letter sign, and staple a Quaker Oats box or Baggie to the back.
- Feed the mouse template
- Upper and lowercase matching skill sheet
- Upper and lowercase trace and write skills sheets
- 4 "What's Missing?" upper and lowercase skill sheets
- Circle the letters of your name skill sheet
- An upper and lowercase letter assessment
- 26 upper and lowercase letter cards + covers to make Itty Bitty Booklets
- 2 assessments +
- 3 certificates of praise