Diane’s Teaching Experience:
- I started teaching high school in DeForest Wisconsin in 1976 and taught 9th, 10th and 12th grade English.
- My favorite “compliment” was when the bell would ring and my students would moan because they didn’t want to leave!
- I coached the forensic team and pom pom squad as well as directed the senior class play.
- I’m certified K-12 as I switched gears in the 90’s and went back to school for an elementary endorsement. I also have a Masters in Elementary Education.
- I've taught Young Five’s for 10 years. I've also taught first grade and kindergarten in that school.
- At another school, I’ve also taught 2nd and 3rd grades as well as worked with 5th grade students on improving their MEAP writing scores.
- I've also taught the 3-year-olds at Sunday school and am now working in the nursery, so I guess you can say I'm really familiar with a variety of ages!
- Currently, I'm on staff as an adjunct English Teacher at one of our community colleges, and enjoy teaching my adult students how to write essays.
- I've been a freelance writer for Mailbox Magazine since 2007 and wrote a column for Gift & Decorative Accessories Magazine for 13 years.
When people ask which has been my favorite grade to teach, I say ALL of them. I think whatever level you’re teaching, one tends to throw themselves into it. I know I do. I am absolutely PASSIONATE about teaching, writing and designing lessons that make learning fun for all ages.
Each age has its positives and negatives. At the high school and college levels you have all that correcting; at the Y5 level you have all the planning; it’s a trade off. You are emotionally exhausted or physically exhausted, but God gives you energy and we somehow make it through. Teaching is a high for me. I’m happily addicted!
- We have 6 beautiful children who are all young adults. I’m also the proud grandma of 5 grandchildren. My family is truly the rainbow in my life. We just added a poodle puppy named Chloe to the craziness! We are very happy to have all of them close in Michigan with us.
- I’m married to my best friend and soul mate Daniel, who helps peel me off the ceiling when I want to throw my computer out the window. He's my CFO so that I can color, cut and paste and not crunch numbers. Together we enjoy nature by kayaking the lovely waterways of MI and hiking the beautiful trails identifying birds and wild flowers.
- I absolutely LOVE sharing ideas! I hope I can bring you some joy and make things FUN in your classroom or home.
- This site is dedicated to all of the teachers and parents out there who need an educational friend. Here I am!
- I want to thank Engine (Our web designers), all of my friends and family and especially my daughter Kelli, and my husband Daniel, for being so supportive and encouraging with this labor of love. I 'm truly blessed!
- To contact diane you can e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org