Common Core State Standards: K.G.1, K.G.2, K.MD.3, 1.MD.4, 1.G.1
Make these adorable silly shaped chicks and practice shapes, shape words, attributes etc. These make nice Daily 5 Word Work activities too.
The packet includes:
- Slick chick shape "craftivity". (Make and laminate a set to use them as anchor charts, a shape bulletin board, oral assessment, or manipulatives for students to hold up during a shape story. Students could also make one or several at a math center, perhaps choosing their favorite shaped chick(s).
- Easy reader Slick Chick shape booklet. Students read, trace and write the shape word, and then fill in the shapes to look like chicks, trace the shape and then draw that shape. They also underline the capital letter and add end punctuation.
- Graphing extension
- Matching shape word to shape worksheet.
- Identifying attributes worksheet.
- Spatial directions worksheet.
- Shape word and shape picture cards to make Itty Bitty booklets and play games with.
- A certificate of praise.
After which time it will be up-dated and put in my TpT shop.
Click on the link to see the new, 50-page "Slick Chick Shapin' Up For Spring" packet.
For your convenience, I've included a PREVIEW here.