Students draw and write about what they see outside their window during the 4 seasons.
Students read the sentence and then trace and write the seasonal word. Students can draw a "real" looking picture of what they might see outside their window during that season, or they can put a different picture in each of the rectangles.
For example, for winter they could draw a snow scene for the entire window, or they could draw a snowman in one section, a snowflake in another, a sled in the third rectangle followed by a mitten in the last section.
Teachers/parents can leave it at that, or extend the lesson to a writing prompt and have students explain WHAT they see, by completing the sentence "I see..." and writing that on the window ledge.
This booklet also includes:
- a graph
- 15 word-wall word flash cards + 4 seasonal picture cards that can be turned into an Itty Bitty Book
- a certificate of praise
- a reading rebus using the seasons as picture clues and the pronouns as your word-wall words
- an Outside Our Windows class book activity
- 3 skill sheets
- a chant to help learn the seasons
- a 4 seasons mobile art activity and
- 4 seasonal pocket cards