A great booklet to excite your male students, and a nice lead-in to the -all family of words.
Students trace then write the sentence. They trace the various balls as well as cut and glue them to the correct pages.
- There's several math extensions with a counting and graphing page as well as a math skill sheet.
- Also includes 30 word-wall word flashcards and a page of ball-picture cards so your students can make an Itty Bitty Book.
- There's a certificate of praise,
- a template for making a class book and
- 2 skill sheets involving the various ball challenge words +
- a page of rhyming words and
- a "Silly Story-Poem" for the -all family of words.
- a letter home explaining the silly-story poem and asking parents to have their child read it each night
- includes a grid of 7 boxes to be filled with stickers or stars as a log when student/child reads the poem. Parent signs and dates the log and returns it to school.
- An owl roster poster of "Whoooo is reading and returning their silly story-poem papers?" goes with this home-school connection activity
- an art extension where students write the rhyming words on a beach ball and then color it
- + a rebus reader using pronoun word-wall words with the various balls as picture clues.