There are a variety of writing activities in this packet with an Olympic theme.
The packet includes:
- An Olympic KWL
- Olympic acrostic poem template
- 4 Olympic parts of speech graphic organizers that will reinforce the use and differences of nouns, verbs and adjectives.
- An Olympic Venn diagram comparing the ancient Olympic games with our contemporary events.
- An Olympic Flip For Facts file folder activity. I designed the folder flip files, as a way to introduce early elementary students to doing research and putting facts that they find interesting into their own words. These are a great precursor to reports that they'll later be writing.
- Run off the Olympics cover. Students glue it to the front of a file folder and cut on the lines. There's a blank page with 8 spaces for 8 Olympic facts. Students research the Olympics online and write factual information in each of the spaces. Children should use at least 3 sources and then cite them on the back. I've included how to's for correct citations, as well as helpful links, plus a page of filled-in facts so that you can easily make an example to share.
- There's also a class book that is made up of three Olympic writing prompts. Students can choose one, or assign all of them on 3 different days. A cover is included.