Common Core State Standards: RF.K1a, RF.K1c, RF.K3c, L.K2a, L.K2b
This booklet will help your students identify winter clothing words and the order clothes should be put on to get ready to go outside.
Students correct the sentences by adding ending punctuation and a capital letter to the beginning word. They trace and then write the ordinal number as well as the article of clothing that is put on.
Students use pictures as clues to read the sentences, as they cut and glue other pictures to the matching numbered boxes. This packet is great for your Daily 5 word work activities. When students have completed their booklet, read as a whole group to reinforce concepts of print.
The packet also includes:
- 8 matching picture cards (Great for playing Memory Match or "I Have; Who Has?" games.)
- A graphing extension
- + 4 skill sheets which include: Match the word from the story to the picture.
- An alphabetizing worksheet
- A compound word worksheet. (Trace and write 15 new words that begin with snow.) and
- A contraction worksheet +
- A certificate of praise when students can read the booklet independently.
After which time it will be up-dated and put in my TpT shop. Click on the link to see the new, jumbo, 153-page "Getting Dressed For Winter" packet in my TpT shop.
For your convenience, I've included a PREVIEW here.