11 pages. Common Core State State Standards: RI.K.5, RI.K6,RI.K.9, RI.K.10, RL.K.2, RL.K3,RL.K.6, RL.K.9, L.K.1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
A variety of fun reading and writing activities to go along with Audrey Penn's The Kissing Hand, that will help reinforce the above Common Core State Standards.
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell The Kissing Hand
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- "My Feelings" discussion, skill sheet, and graphing extensions.
- 1st day writing prompt
- Kissing hand poem introducing rhyming words.
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
This Packet will remain FREE for an entire year. After that I'll be updating it and putting it in my TpT shop as part of my 102-page Kissing Hand Literacy packet on TpT. Click on the link to pop on over. I know your kiddos will LOVE it! For your convenience, I've included a preview here.