A fun-quick and easy bulletin board for January! Use it for a writing prompt for New Year's resolutions, things students like about winter or for Martin Luther King Day and what a student dreams to be when they grow up.
- A great hands-on activity to do after reading and discussing the book We Are Different; We Are The Same.
- For more writing practice, students could also continue to write on the back of their snowflakes ways they are the "same" and ways they are "different" from other students in the class.
- Incorporates patterning as students arrange their school photo and paper-punched hearts and snowflakes. If you don't have punches use stickers or an Elison die cut of regular or tanagram shapes.
- Cut the strips in a variety of colors to make a rainbow blizzard.
- Directions also include links to short You Tube videos about Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream..." speech.