1-2-3 Come Do Some Fire Safety Activities With Me
Since Fire Safety Month is in October I wanted to use that theme for my word work activities. Because we do that daily, I try to keep things fresh by practicing our skills using a seasonal theme.
My newesst fire safety activity, is F is for Fire. It's packed with quick, easy & fun activities to engage your kiddos with.
The packet includes:
* An “F is for Fire” rip & tear craftivity,which helps strengthen those weak finger muscles.
Completed projects make a colorful bulletin board. Older students can glue their alphabetical word work on it.
* I've included a list of 42 words that contain the word fire.
Choose which ones are appropriate for your kiddos, and have them write the words in alphabetical order on the black and white ladder, or stationery or worksheet.
There are color copies of each to make a teacher's sample.
The list can be glued to the “F is for Fire” rip & tear craft.
* There’s also a “Please alphabetize these words:” poster.
Use it on your whiteboard as a "header" then list the words you want your students to work on, underneath.
* The 16 pocket chart picture word cards, come in full color, along with matching bookmarks.
* A Trace, Write & Color “F is for Fire” flip booklet, matches the pocket chart cards. There are 2 covers & 3 size options.
* There's also a word find
* A “My Fire Safety Words” booklet and . . .
* A “How many words can you make using the letters in the word firefighters?” worksheet.
I’ve included an answer key with 188 words!
Click on the link to zip on over to my TpT shop to have a look-see at this 40-page packet of fun: F is For Fire.
Today's featured FREEBIE also has a fire safety theme. "Keep Your Hands Off Fire" is a quick, easy and fun writing prompt craftivity, which includes an "I Promise to Keep My Hands Off Fire" poster, as well as a "Never Ever Play With Fire" song.
The hand print "fire" at the top will get your students excited to complete the writing prompt. Finished projects make an awesome bulletin board too.
Click on the link to get a copy of "Keep Your Hands Off Fire" and let the fun and safety begin.
Well that's it for today. The wind is howling at my office window sending the lovely leaves swirling.
Wishing you a warm and snuggly day filled with smiles.
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." - Jimmy Dean