1-2-3 Come Do Some Shape Activities With Me
Are you studying 2D shapes? If so, I think your kiddos will really enjoy learning & practicing with these super-fun, hands-on activities, featured in my newest packet: Scarecrow Shapes.
The packet is stuffed with a variety of hands-on fun for learning 2D shapes.
Here’s what you’ll get:
* An emergent reader, “The Scarecrow’s Nose”, which practices a variety of standards, and packs a lot of sight word clout, as I’ve included 33 Dolch words.
Children read the sentence, add end punctuation: (period, question mark & exclamation point).
They trace and write the shape & color word, trace and draw the shape, then color the picture.
There is a pattern with 2-on-a-one-page template, as well as 4-on-a-page to make an Itty Bitty booklet.
On the last page, children draw a scarecrow. The nose is their favorite shape and color.
* There’s a whole-group graphing activity to graph the results.
* I've also included a really cute “My Scarecrow’s Nose” slider craftivity.
"Socrates" is not only super-fun, but a quick, easy, and interesting way to whole group assess 2D shapes.
I’ve included a full-page size, as well as a smaller, 2-on-a-page pattern.
* There's also 7 shape worksheets that practice a variety of standards, as well as ...
* 6 colorful pocket chart cards, plus a matching black and white set, so students can make a Shape Flip Booklet, plus ...
* 5 shape games along with ...
* 4 assessments using just one worksheet! And finally,
* A bookmark-size, “color me” certificate of praise.
This packet is a whopping 63 pages long.
Click on the link to zip on over to my TpT shop to have a look: Scarecrow Shapes: Emergent Reader, Games, Worksheets & Craftivities and let the learning fun begin.
I hope your kiddos enjoy learning with "Socrates" as much as mine did.
Today's featured FREEBIE is also another fun way to practice shapes.
Back in 2009, I designed Silly Shaped Penguins.
Because it's one of my most popular downloads, throughout the years I've added to the menagerie.
Since it's fall, I thought the Silly Shaped Owls were perfect for a fall FREEBIE. Hope you enjoy them.
Well that's it for today. I have so many projects "in process" and scattered all over my desk , that I'm not sure where to begin.
October is flying by way too fast! Wishing you an awesome autumn.
"I craft so hard, I sweat glitter!" -Unknown