March is a very windy month here in the Midwest. With that in mind, I designed this Wind Tricks poetry packet, to go along with my other wind-themed activities. I hope you find it helpful.
The packet includes:
- Wind Tricks poster-poem. (Author unknown.)
- 6 large pocket chart cards featuring each stanza. Read as a whole group. Correct beginning capitalization and add end punctuation.
- Small set of matching pocket chart cards all on one page.
- Emergent reader poem booklet.
- Windy Words game.
- 2 sizes of 34-mini word cards using the words from the poem. (18 of them are on the Dolch Word Lists.)
- Tally Ho recording sheet for Windy Words game. (Practice tally marks & skip counting by 5s.)
- Windblown Crazy Hair writing prompt craftivity.
- Rhyme Time activity for words that rhyme with day.
- Anchor-chart poster of an alphabetical list of words that rhyme with day.
- Rhyme Time activity for words that rhyme with street.
- Anchor-chart poster of an alphabetical list of words that rhyme with street.
- Rhyme Time activity for words that rhyme with dance.
- Anchor-chart poster of an anlphabetical list of words that rhyme with dance.
- Mr. Windy Blow some words my way "feeding" envelope activity.
- What is Genre explanation with an emphasis on explaining the poetry genre.